Deadlines for Course Changes/New Courses
|Summer 2018||Course Change Deadline||March 12, 2018|
|Fall 2018||Course Change Deadline||June 4, 2018|
|Spring 2019||New Course Deadline||September 1, 2018|
|Spring 2019||Course Change Deadline||October 8, 2018|
|Summer 2019||New Course Deadline||December 1, 2018|
|Fall 2019||New Course Deadline||February 1, 2019|
|Summer 2019||Course Change Deadline||March 4, 2019|
Faculty and staff training for GUS can be found at the GUS training site below. Training is scheduled periodically throughout each semester. Click the link to find an available training date and email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
Fall 2019 Grade Due Dates
December 18 COPH/GS- grades for graduating students
December 31 COPH/GS- remaining grades due
December 13 CHP- grades due
December 16 CON- all grades due
December 31 COP- P4 grades due
December 31 COP- P1,. P2 and P3all grades due
January 10 COM- all grades due
I need to enter grades but I don’t have access to the course to do so. What should I do?
- Entering grades in the system requires three steps:
- 1. Attend GUS Student Records Faculty/Advising Staff training. Available steps are available here: gusinfo.uams.edu. If you have attended one, please move to step 2.
- 2. Log in to GUS and ensure that the class appears in your schedule. If it does not, contact email@example.com
- 3. Check your email. If you are listed as the grader for the class, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org when grade rosters are made available in the system
What do I do if I already submitted my grades and need to change the grade for a student?
- Complete a grade change form, found here
I teach a large class. Do I have to turn in all my grades at once?
- Yes and no. All grades are due by the posted date on our website registrar.uams.edu. During the grading period in GUS, you can enter some grades as you calculate them using partial post. Make sure to hit save at the bottom of the page to save your grade progress.
What happens with W grades?
- When a student withdraws from a course, they will come to you as the instructor for a signature to withdraw from the course. They are also required to obtain their Associate Dean’s signature. The student will submit that form to the Office of the University Registrar and we will enter the appropriate grade based on your college’s policies for withdrawal. You will not need to remember to enter a W for the student as it should already appear in the grade roster.
Can I export /get a printout after I enter the grades?
- Absolutely! There is a link at the bottom of the grade roster page to download the roster. Always remember to save this information in a secure location on a UAMS server or in a locked filing cabinet to remain in compliance with FERPA.
Can I enter grades from my computer at home?
- Yes, GUS is accessible from any computer – simply log on to gus.uams.edu.
What if a student on the class list or roster has never attended the class or turned in any work?
- First contact the student to gather more information. Depending on the situation, you may want to bring the situation to your Associate Dean to determine how to proceed. If at any time you have questions, please feel free to contact the Office of the University Registrar at email@example.com.
Will the system permit me to enter grades after the grading deadline has passed?
- No, if the grading deadline has passed, you will need to contact the Office of the University Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) for next steps.
When do students get notified of their grades?
- As soon as grades are “posted” in GUS by the Office of the University Registrar, they will be able to see their grades. The OUR will not post grades until the status for the grade roster has been set to “Approved” or the deadline to submit grades has passed.
Program directors and advisors are assigned to students in GUS. Generally, if you are a program director, you will see all of your students in your My Advisees area of GUS. There is a lag to see new students. They are usually available for you to view by the middle of the semester. You can search for them as well by clicking the green button at the very bottom of the page and entering their name.
If you advise a student individually and are not a program director, send your college’s advisor assignment form to the Office of the University Registrar and the student will be assigned to you in GUS.
The Office of the University Registrar does not provide advising services to students.
When advising a student – the course catalog under which the student was admitted should be used to define the academic requirements for the degree. On occasion and for a multitude of reasons, an advisor or program director may issue a course substitution to allow the student to substitute a course to fulfill a degree requirement. The course substitution form must be sent to the Office of the University Registrar at least three weeks prior to the student’s graduation date.
At the time of admission, undergraduate students are evaluated by the admissions officers against the stated requirements of the pre-professional coursework required for a given degree. Admissions officers are responsible for evaluating transcripts and applying appropriate coursework as defined by their college’s catalogs.
If transfer credit is completed after matriculation to UAMS, the student must request and submit a transfer credit approval form to the Office of the University Registrar. The OUR will then evaluate the student’s official transfer transcript and the form to apply appropriate transfer credit.